Hiking, para-mountaineering and all the sites in the four corners of the globe!
With the WHIZZ and the SWOOP 2, the FITZ ROY tandem completes NERVURES offering and marks its return in the field of versatile wings, dedicated to the mountain, studied and developed by lovers and practising mountain flying.
The specifications of the FITZ ROY have been developed on the different pilot responses and our own experience:
- Firstly, the weight: 4.95kg for 37m ² elevators and spacers in dyneema halyard included
- Secondly, takeoff: optimized profile, moderate elongation, short line cone and rods to facilitate inflation
- Thirdly, speed and solidity: no compromise, classic dual surface, safe, fast
- Fourthly, the landing: a real resource is for us the guarantee of a posed effective landing in all circumstances, gradient, altitude, uneven ground
- Finally but by no means least, the glide: completeing a beautiful hike with a cross country flight is a huge pleasure … The new profile, 3D ballooning offers performance to consider real cross country flights
Inflation is greatly facilitated by the low weight of the wing and inflation thanks to the rods;
For downwind or in the snow, the little bridles help to keep the wing on the ground.
Low aspect ratio helps with the take-offs and ensure easy control in all conditions
In thermal conditions, it turns like a solo wing, precise, manageable with excellent performance in transitions, a real invitation to cross country flying!
All our expertise and experience are brought together for the manufacture
Weight: 4.95kg complete with low sheathed line, trimmers and dyneema spreaders.
Accessories and options
The Fitz Roy comes with a protective underpack, a small repair kit and a carrying bag.
When ordering, please specify the options you have chosen:
- Risers with flexible spreaders (+ 594gr links included), at no additional cost.
- Carrying Bag – light 90l, site 150l or bi 180l
|Technical characteristics and performances|
|Surface proj. (M²)||32.6|
|Total weight in flight (kg)||105-200|
|Performance for optimal CU (measured at approximately 1000 m altitude)|
|High arm speed (± 2 km / h)||38|
|Maximum speed (± 2 km / h)||46|
|full sail weight, 4-spoke dyneema risers, including spacers, sleeved line (kg)||4.95|
Approved according to EN 926-2.
The risers and spreaders are made in a 4mm Dyneema halyard. An oval quick link allows the connection of the lifts and a reserve parachute. The textile trim system allows significant weight gain while reducing the risk of misalignment during handling on the ground or during takeoff. Weight Lifts, brake handles and spreaders: 190 gr
We also offer 20 mm webbing risers with conventional trimmers and soft webbing retractors of 25 mm.
The FITZ ROY is equipped with a short line. The suspension qualities have been chosen to optimize strength, durability and reduce drag. Clamping between the left and right A1 lines strengthens the cohesion in flight and facilitates scooping in crosswind or poorly arranged sail. The upper lines A and B are sheathed except the B at the end of the pen, all the high lines of the row C and the brakes are drawn by default.
The wing has a system of diagonal partitions that allows excellent holding of non-suspended profiles while maintaining the weight of the wing at the lowest. The quality of assembly is signed Ribs: double seams, inner hems, gallon trailing edge …
We have selected the best fabrics ‘Porcher Sport’ and variegated the qualities for an optimal lightness without concession on longevity:
- leading edge in Skytex 32,
- extrados, intrados and intermediate and diagonal partitions in Skytex 27, high-end hyper light fabric that we developed with Porcher Sport,
- load and diagonal walls in Skytex 32 hard to optimize the weight.
We have a perfect understanding of the implementation of the assortment of fabrics which gives an extremely light wing without conceding durability in normal flight conditions.