Play42 MK II / UL proved itself a masterpiece of engineering and construction. The Play 42 is a safe, reliable, perfect launching tandem wing – The tool of choice for professional tandem pilots around the globe.
The Play42 MK II retains the good qualities of its predecessors, with excellent launch, perfect flare, improved handling & thermaling capacity, wider speed range and lighter brake pressure.
Simple to use and straightforward to fly – allowing the pilot to concentrate on the passenger and let the wing do all the rest. With the Play42 MK II, every launch is a successful take-off.
Durable, smart construction with use of Apco’s double silliconized cloth will result in more flying hours then any other wing, providing the best possible value for money.
Fast, the Play42 MK II is a fast wing. With a maximum speed of 45+ [km/h], the Play42 MK II is fast and still remains efficient with it’s classic profile.
The wide speed range adds an extra level of safety as into the wind penetration is improved.
Vibrant color designs dress the Play42 MK II. If you are looking for the perfect tandem machine – look no further. Give the Play42 MK II a try.
- Wide speed range with higher than average trim speed and excellent wind penetration
- Stable, inherent, auto-correcting flying characteristics – no roll or pitch
- Direct & precise handling, lighter brake pressure
- Improved bank angle coordination for effortless thermaling
- Improved Trim System: One-hand friendly, easier in-flight adjustment
- Replacable, no-slip, trimmer webbing, in combination with heavy duty kamet buckle
- Heavy duty Swivels on the brakes
- Integral, built-in, Neodymium brake magnets with male/female connection
- Sand removal system “butt-holes”
- Vastly improved thermaling capacity – even with engine on idle
- Logo-ready bottom surface
- HIT valve® equipped on L/E for rock solid stability. find out more »
- Vibrant color designs
- Double coated siliconised cloth (covered by 3 years / 250 hours warranty)
CONSTRUCTION AND MATERIALS
The glider is made from tear resistant Ripstop Nylon cloth, which is P.U. coated to zero porosity and then siliconized to give the fabric high resistance to the elements. Different cloth is used for the top, bottom and ribs due to their different functions. The lines are made of superaramid covered with a polyester sheath for protection against UV, wear and abrasion. The bottom section of the brake lines is made of Dyneema because of its better mechanical properties. The karabiners that attach the lines to the risers are made of stainless steel.